Friday, 10 December 2010

6.4: Contribution to the festival.

On the actual day of the festival, i found myself doing a lot of multi-tasking so everyones needs were met. In the beginning of the day, I briefed all of the volunteers about what we expected and assigned them to their roles for the day. I then had to go into my role as apart of the performance team and brief the performers about the running order of the performances and when they will all be needed. To be sure things ran smoothly, I did a quick run through so that we could be sure all of the lighting and sound equipment worked properly. I then went around the whole building, ensuring there wasn't any safety hazards and if there was then resolving them.
Once the festival actually began, I had to continuously go around to each workshop/stall and make sure that everything was fine and that the volunteers were confident in what they were meant to do. If they wasn't then I gave them a one-to-one explanation on the types of things that they should be doing.
During the festival, we found out that one of the groups had dropped out that was meant to be holding a workshop so I had to find someone/something to replace it with. I set up one of the rooms to act as a dance studio and asked Helen Jones if she would like to teach salsa in there. Once she agreed, I had to get her into the room and check for any health hazards. I then needed to create a notice board so people knew it was going on and I needed to include it onto the list of activities and map.
It was now time for the performances to start so I introduced each performance and lured the crowd in to come and watch. I had to supervise this whole part of the festival in order to ensure that all safety regulations were met and in place. During the interval, I went around again to check on all of the workshops and interacted with some of the people to advise them on which workshops were a must see. I then went back to the performances and presented and supervised them all.
Once all of the performances were over, I went to any workshops that needed my help and helped them in whatever was needed. The festival was coming to an end now and it was time for us to clean up so I helped to clean up the whole of the building and to make sure that everyone had left the premises.
Overall, it was a fun experience and I think that I contributed a lot to the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment